Saturday, June 9, 2012

"Redeemed" Big Daddy Weave & Lyrics

I bawled in the car today, listening to this. I have been through so much these past 10 years and the words of this song sooo resonate with my life and whom I've become. I love you so much Jesus. Have your way in my life. Let every struggle, every affliction, every hurt and pain be used to bring Glory to You in Jesus name.
"Redeemed"

Seems like all I can see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then You look at this prisoner and say to me “son
stop fighting a fight that’s already been won”

I am redeemed, You set me free
So I’ll shake off theses heavy chains
Wipe away every stain now I’m not who I used to be
I am redeemed

All my life I have been called unworthy
Named by the voice of my shame and regret
But when I hear You whisper, “Child lift up your head”
I remember oh God, You’re not done with me yet

I don’t have to be the old man inside of me
Cause his day is long dead and gone
I’ve got a new name, a new life I’m not the same
And a hope that will carry me home

2 comments:

  1. awesome song....A song for every one of us!!! I need to find this trac.....LOVE U BABY -- YOUR not the same person that all that stuff happened to!!! PRAISE HIS NAME!!! BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik