Wednesday, July 18, 2012

He loves me.. He loves me not. The ups and downs of sibling rivalry





Oohh the joys if sibling rivalry. One moment they love each other and they protecting one another from this crazy life. The next second they are screaming, calling names, yelling, "mom...he did?? mom she is....?? I find myself going from being in a completely peaceful blissful state of mind and in literal seconds being caught up in the middle of world war three. 2 different people being raised the same exact day turning out completely different. I am glad that this process is not used on m&m candy LOL.. I am believing that one day they will grow to appreciate each others differences and eccentrics. I love them both so much, I just need to realize that this is not some strange, new phenomenon but  is common to sisters and brothers.

I don't get it though. My brother and I got along perfectly fine. I bossed him around and he listened. Until of course he became old enough to realize what was going on. He became a bit resentful and angry at times of my overbearing motherhood syndrome towards him. To this day though, we are two peas in a pod. Similar in personality and almost identical in sarcastic humor, we, to this day have a special bond, I am forever grateful for.


Because of this constant bickering between my children I find myself getting more and more agitated and anxious with my parenting techniques and abilities. Today I am going to be ok with it. I am going to walk them through it and love them through it. I am going tell myself that this must be harder for them than it is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik