This is my backyard. The garden is way way way in the back and it is a shared plot but we will get to the actual garden in a moment
What an ordeal. You know whenever you take on a new venture, isn't it funny how something always tries to come in and make you believe it was a complete mistake to even give it a try. Usually I become tormented with frustration and thoughts of failure. Well Monday morning I walked down to the garden because the neighbors had the rototiller out and I thought I would give it a whirl. I had never operated one of those things before ugh.. So the neighbor guy says, go ahead and drive it forward. Well I grip on nice and tight my hand to the plow literally and moved forward. At the end of the row the rototiller pukes so the guy says just pull the cord but I couldn't get a grip on the thing. The guy notices and says just hang on to the gas cap, so I reach over to what I assumed was the gas cap and it was NOT.. It was the engine and I wrapped my entire hand around this thing and my hand was burned. I was completely engulfed with agonizing pain and I immediately began to cry and run to my house far far away:).. I burst through the front door, face all red, and began running my hand under cold water but the pain was not going away. Yes, the burn was pretty bad. I noticed a black mark where the burned had singed my skin. What a way to begin my new adventures in gardening.
The Herb Garden
I was totally inspired to do an herb garden because I found that working with fresh herbs creates amazing tasting food and a few heath for the mix. In this herb garden I added Cilantro which is growing in the smaller pot.
List of Cilantro Benefits:
- Powerful anti-inflammatory capacities that may help symptoms of arthritis
- Protective agents against bacterial infection from Salmonella in food products
- Acts to increase HDL cholesterol (the good kind), and reduces LDL cholesterol (the bad kind)
- Relief for stomach gas, prevention of flatulence and an overall digestive aid
- Wards off urinary tract infections
- Helps reduce feelings of nausea
- Eases hormonal mood swings associated with menstruation
- Has been shown to reduce menstrual cramping.
- Adds fiber to the digestive tract
- A source of iron, magnesium, and is helpful in fighting anemia
- Gives relief for diarrhea, especially if caused by microbial or fungal infections
- Helps promote healthy liver function.
- Reduces minor swelling
- Strong general antioxidant properties
- Disinfects and helps detoxify the body
- Stimulates the endocrine glands
- Helps with insulin secretion and lowers blood sugar
- Acts as a natural anti-septic and anti-fungal agent for skin disorders like fungal infections and eczema
- Contains immune-boosting properties
- Acts as an expectorant
- Helps ease conjunctivitis, as well as eye-aging, muscular degeneration, and other stressors on the eyes @ Global Healing center
Lemon Thyme and Basil are awesome together. You need to try it in a marinade for chicken
Lastly some pictures of my Huge, Beautiful, Succulent garden. I am praying that the Lord would produce an amazing harvest although this is my first time with the gardening thing so I believe I will be learning along the way what to do and what NOT to do...
We also have tomatoes galore, a heap load of beets and beans and of course who could forget lettuce. I am sure looking forward to sharing updates on the progress of my garden:)
Don't forget to Intentionally Inspire yourself today...